This post is the continuous of my previous Deski 3.1 to Webi 3.1 conversion. Instead of going through RCT converted reports (partially converted and Fully converted), I would be happy to provide more details on how we can achieve the Webi reports 100% and what are the workarounds we have used for each issue we faced in the conversion.
1. Company Logo is disappearing after the conversion – Need to re-point / redirect the logo path in the cell format.
2. In footer, objects are not aligned properly – Delete the existing cells, create the cells manually and realign the objects.
3. Table borders are displaying as single line instead of double dotted line and there won’t be dotted lines in Webi reports – Change the table border to single dotted line (thick).
4. Date format will be changed in Webi after conversion (mm/DD/YY) – Update the Date format in Webi like mm/DD/YYYY.
5. After refreshing the converted Webi report, table is displaying with borders for each row in all the pages – Remove the border for each cell and change the cell format to none for each cell.
6. Report Header and Header borders are not aligned properly – Change the alignment of the cells in the header for proper alignment.
7. All the Converted reports are displaying in “quick display mode” – Change the report display into page mode.
8. Table size is exceeding the page margin (fit to page won’t be available in Webi reports) – Verify in page mode whether the report is fitting in proper page else change the page size appropriately (A4, A3, Letter, etc.).
9. Report is displaying #ERROR and #DATATYPE error for measure objects with calculation / aggregation before refreshing the report – This issue will get rid-of once the converted Webi report is refreshed
(Root cause of this issue – all the measure objects were changed to String data type after conversion)
10. Column headings are not displaying properly in the table header – Un-check the ‘Read content as: HTML’ option in the format Cell Menu.
11. If the column header of the table used Wrap option, those Column headers are not wrapped properly – Adjust the Column width of the Cell to get the proper header in the report header.
12. Legend values are not displaying properly in Graph – Change the Legend position to right of Chart. In Webi Legend values will not be completely visible if it is placed in the bottom of Chart. Only if the Width of Chart is extended to a Very high Range it will display properly but it will change the appearance of chart.
13. After the conversion Titles are added automatically to the Legend – Changed the text color to white to make it Invisible and there is No Option to disable the Title in Legend.
14. Border added to the title of chart & legend in graph – Disable the borders.
15. If your report has some formula / variables to display the Chart Title then it won’t display the Values for Formulas whereas it is displaying as a Text in Webi report -Clear the Title of Chart, Insert a cell inside the Chart, Create a Variable with required Formula for each chart and Change where condition based on the filter of Charts.
16. Filtering the data based on another object facility is not available in Webi report – Create a variable and apply filter for the same variable.
17. Table Level filters are missing in converted Webi reports – Select the tables manually and apply the required filter based on original Deski reports.
18. Number format for Measure (amount column) object set as Standard in Deski report (###0.00) won’t have same format in Webi report for all values. You have to manually set the Number format in Webi to get ###0.00 result in report.
19. Break wise Sort is not working properly (sort applied based Break is not working) – Select the below option in Break properties and apply sort.
20. After Conversion, Break is removed in some of the Webi reports and you have to re-apply the break in converted Webi report based on Deski report.
21. Break on an object in a table header is not working in WebI – Insert the object in the table by adding a column and minimize the column width. Apply break on this object and enable the break header. Disable the table header. Need to do some formatting changes to display the data properly.
22. Background color got changed (Alternate rows in a table is getting background color whereas there are no background colors in Deski report) – Manually change the Background color for that table in Webi.
23. Cross tab row wise is total (Sum) not having correct values after converting to Webi report. For example, in Deski report has formula as Sum(ForecastAmount- SalesAmount) and that should be changed to (ForecastAmount- SalesAmount) in Webi report.
24. Multicube Deski function changed to ForceMerge function in Webi report.
25. BO Security Domain Deski function to get the BO server / system name is not available in Webi.
26. Empty rows are displaying in WebI report when there is no data for Measure objects (if the report created based on multiple data provider) – Deselect the Display option ‘Show rows with empty measure’ in the Properties.
27. Column names cell is missing in some of Section based Webi reports – Enable the show Table header check box in table properties.
28. Prompt LOV having issue in Webi report – Example, you have one prompt with LOV and that LOV format is Character in DB level and you have defined as Number in BO universe which will work for Deski reports when you click values in the report refresh prompt. Whereas same will give you a below error in Webi report. You have to update / correct the LOV objects in BO universe to have correct object format.
29. If your Deski report has synchronized query in a single Data provider and report created using those synchronized query objects, when you convert that report into Webi, your will break and you will see #CONTEXT & #DATASYNC for all non-common objects between those 2 synchronized queries.
Best solution for this scenario is, to create 2 separate data providers and update the report variables based on the new 2 data providers, and then your report will work as is without harm too many places in the report structure. Or else you can try creating detail objects for non-common dimension objects and also use Forcemerge for measures to get your report (this method mostly will fail due improper relation between those 2 synchronized queries)
30. Some report is having “the SQL is not ready” error while refreshing in Webi – Edit the Data provider, remove & add some objects and save & close.
Note -1: In general, all complex variables created in Deski report should be revisited and updated in Webi reports based on the requirement to achieve the exact result.
Note -2: Overall report refresh (performance) is positive is Webi reports while compared to Deski reports.
I have summarized the issues whatever I have faced in my conversion and provided the workaround solutions for the same. Please pass on your comments for better solution.